Friday, June 20, 2008

$50 to $50k The Best Way to Build Your Poker Bankroll

How big of a bankroll do I need to quit my job and play poker for a living? And what is the best way to build a large poker bankroll when staring out with very little Cash?

(Note: Read to the end of this message to learn how to get a free copy of $50 to $50k bankroll building secrets)

First, your bankroll is the amount of money you've set aside to play poker with and is used for NO other purpose. You will cash out profits but you need to have a sufficient bank roll to keep income coming in. To keep from going broke in poker you need a bankroll large enough to get you through the inevitable losing streaks that all poker players face. Losing streaks happen to all poker players, even the best of us, so don’t be discouraged by them. Instead be prepared by having a bank roll large enough to get you through. For me that means having a bankroll 50 times the size of big blind for the level I'm playing in ring games or 100 times the buy-in for tournaments. For example; a $10,000 bank roll would allow me to play in a $25/$50 No Limit Holder ring game or a $100 buy in tournament. If my bankroll drops significantly below that amount I will drop down a level so I am never risking more than 1% of my bankroll at any given time. Other factors that determine the minimum size of your bankroll are thing like how aggressive you are at the poker table, if you play limit or no limit, your experience and skill level etc. If you have a regular full time job you don't need as large of a buffer as you would if poker was your sole source of income.

Ten thousand dollars sound like a lot of money to set aside to play poker with. It is and it isn’t the pros you see playing poker on TV have million dollar bankrolls. But like me many of them got started with very little. Personally I started with $50 and built that into a bankroll that allows me to earn a full time income playing poker online. It took a lot of time and I made a lot of mistakes but I eventually discovered that the best games for bank roll building when you have less that a $1,000 to play with is “Sit and Go” tournaments. If I were forced to start over and rebuild my bankroll from scratch I would start by playing single table "Sit n Go's" until I built my bankroll up to at least $1000 and only then would I branch out into multi-table tournaments and ring games.

There are many, many advantages to playing sit and go’s over ring games and large multi-table tournaments especially when starting with a small bankroll. However there are key differences in strategy that you MUST know to profit from them. It is these strategies that have allowed me to cash in on 4 out 5 sit and goes I play in. Unfortunately I don’t have the space here to go into detail about how to do this. Even I did and although I consider myself to be pretty good at both profiting from poker online and teaching others how to do it my friend Johnny ‘JR’ Rothman author of SIT-N-GO PRO is far better than I and is a true sit n go master. In fact when my students ask me how to profit from sit and go’s I direct them to his material. There is no equal.

If you are serious about building a huge bankroll do yourself a favor and check out SIT-N-GO PRO right now.

As always remember the point of playing poker for a living is to make a profit and have fun doing it. Until next time…MG

P.S. For a limited time and exclusively for Modern Grinder subscribers who sign up for one of our featured poker rooms through the links below and purchase SIT-N-GO PRO I am offering a free copy of my $50-50k bankroll building secrets (a $99 value). Remember this offer is only for subscribers who both purchase SIT-N-GO PRO AND sign up for one of our featured poker rooms through links on this page. Subscribe to The Modern Grinder using the form in the upper right of this page to receive details on how to qualify and claim your free eBook.

Poker Resources

Featured Poker Rooms:
Learn to Play Poker Profitably the right way:

Labels: , ,

Comments on "$50 to $50k The Best Way to Build Your Poker Bankroll"

 

post a comment