Monday, January 08, 2007

Quit Your Job and Become an Online Poker Professional Part 1

Welcome to the 2007 Quit Your Job and Become an Online Poker Professional Challenge! This is challenge is completely open to anyone who has dreamed of playing poker for a living and has the willingness to learn. There are absolutely no strings attached. I realize that you may be wondering why I would take the time out of my busy schedule to train people to be better poker players when I might find myself facing them across the poker table? Having more skilled opponents does make my job harder and probably will cost me a few bets. And yes I could charge thousands for this kind of information (I might in the future), but poker and the poker community have given me so much and enriched my life in so many ways that I thought I’d give back by helping a select few shorten their learning curve and save them from making some costly mistakes.

You may also wondering if it's even possible to for you to play poker online for a living. The fact is that if you have the willingness to learn, a little discipline and the courage to believe in yourself, you can and will succeed. There are literally thousands of people all around the world who either derive all of their income or who make a substantial supplemental income by playing online poker. You provide your best effort and willingness to learn and I will do the rest by teaching you all the skills you need to succeed. The first step is to believe you can do it.

What I expect in return is honesty and for you to put forth your very best effort. Each article will contain an assignment designed to help you progress on your way to becoming successful. I don’t believe in wasting peoples time so please be assured that although an assignment my not make perfect sense at the time it is given that I wouldn’t ask you to do it if it wasn’t essential to your future and a professional poker player. If you are going to do this you really owe it yourself to do all of the assignments. There will be approximate 50 articles each about a week to 10 days apart (and only viewable for a limited time) each builds upon the lessons of the previous article. Therefore I suggest you subscribe to this blog so you don’t miss any important information. You may also want to email this post to anyone who you think might be interested becoming an online poker pro. Above all else make a commitment to yourself to follow through and do all the assignments.

Part I Assignments:
  1. Start a poker journal, you can do this anyway that works for you. I personally use a spiral bound notebook but feel free to do it with your word processor if you prefer. The most important thing is that you do it.

  2. In your journal write down why you want to play poker for a living. Be very detailed imagine what success in this area would look like and describe it in detail. Make a list of all the benefits that would come from becoming a professional poker player.

  3. Email me with any questions, concerns or comments about the program and tell me what you’d like to get out of it. This is your opportunity to help shape the curriculum so that you get everything you need to out out of and have the most opportunity to succeed.
In part two we will talk about basic bank roll building and how to maximize every dollar you put into your game.

If you are interested in accelerating your progress through personal chat/email based coaching, qualify for exclusive free roll tournaments and be considered for possible sponsorship to major poker events around the world including the World Series of Poker. You may qualify for The Modern Grinder Personal Coaching program by signing up for a new account at one of the following poker rooms and earning 1000 points. Once you've qualified fill out the form here.

Click here to read about what you can expect to learn in future installments of the challenge.

Poker Resources

Featured Poker Rooms:
Learn to Play Poker Profitably the right way:

Labels: , , , ,

Comments on "Quit Your Job and Become an Online Poker Professional Part 1"

 

post a comment